Set up a Remote Device
To enable students to use SAS devices for assessment, you need to set up the devices first in CTS. Let’s look at the steps to do the same.
- After logging into web CTS, click Setup Device in the Setup SAS section in the left pane. This opens the Setup Device screen in the right pane.
- Specify a unique name for the device in the Device Name text box. This name will help you to identify the device. Let’s type RemoteD1.
- Next, select the Remote type brand from the drop-down. Select Million Digit from the drop-down.
- Select the Serial Com Port number from the drop-down list. This indicates the port on the system where remote will be connected. Select Com1 and click Add.
- The device gets added to the system.
- You can also remove an added device from this screen. To remove a device, click the Delete link at the end of the entry in the list.
- You get a delete confirmation message. Click OK to proceed. The device gets deleted from the list.