Correct the Search Functionality
If the search functionality doesn’t work on the CTS, follow the below steps to correct it:
- On the CTS server, go to Start->Run to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Services dialog box, navigate to the SQL Full text filter. Right-click on the service and select the Properties option from the menu.
- In the Startup type combo box, select the Automatic option from the drop-down and click OK.
- The service status would show Started. If it doesn’t, click the Start button.
Follow the below steps to log into the SQL full-text filter daemon launcher:
- Click Start -> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Navigate to SQL Server services, right-click SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher, and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, navigate to the Log on as tab.
- Select the Built-in account radio button and select either Local System or Local Service -> click Apply -> OK. This selection is based on how your server is configured.
- Check for the search functionality. If it still doesn’t work, select the This account radio button. Type Administrator in the Account Name text box and the respective password in the Password text box. Click Apply and OK.